As many of you have seen, I am a BIG Android fan. Over the last couple of years and have been countless Android products to hit the market. The next big thing that was announced today is the MiiPC.
What is the MiiPC
MiiPC is a compact personal computing device that runs on the Android operating system. Connect MiiPC to a computer monitor (or TV) and instantly turn it into a learning, media and entertainment station. It is designed for large screen connectivity and optimized to provide a true keyboard and mouse experience.
Running the latest version of Android’s Jelly Bean 4.2 OS, the MiiPC user can surf the web, play games, watch videos, edit documents, and run Android apps. You can even let MiiPC be your host for a family movie night. Just hook up your big screen TV using our built-in HDMI output and use Netflix or other popular apps to watch your favorite flicks. Simply set up different user accounts for each person in your family and each user will have their own private MiiPC desktop.
Making sure your kids do their homework (and have time to play games too!)
Kids – and parents – often do not realize how much time they spend on each website or app. Even more concerning a parent may not even know what their kids have been doing online. There is an amazing wealth of good and valuable information. But there are also a lot of places you would never want your kids to visit.
MiiPC provides the necessary tools to help parents meet these challenges and create a safe and relaxed environment for your family computing.
MiiPC adapts to different ages of children really well. The built-in time management feature allows older children, such as those in high school, to become more productive by providing feedback on their usage. And for the younger kids mobile controls give parents the ability to structure a nurturing and safe environment with real-time monitoring.
Why we as parents needed to create MiiPC
We have created MiiPC as parents first. We want our children to enjoy the fruits of the internet, knowledge, apps at their finger tips and for them to relax playing suitable games. But we also don’t want them watching disturbing videos or play violent games that could cause nightmares. You would think twice about letting young kids even see the darker Harry Potter movies, so why shouldn’t you take the same approach online?
“Our mission is to create a simple and effective way for families to take back control of online experiences, letting MiiPC create a safe and relaxed environment for your family computing”
The Technical Bit
Desktop Computing Experience:
- Powerful and optimized for fast internet surfing, an accurate web experience (instead of mobile sites with big fonts) flash content support, customize your own desktop, drag & drop … and more
- Large screen monitor that gives true desktop PC resolution (up to 1920×1080)
- Multiuser log-in for family members (or you can use this as a public kiosk for visitors)
- Super smooth movie and video playback using the latest Android Jelly Bean 4.2 OS
- Miracast Receiver – remote wireless display video feeds from Miracase enabled devices (tablets, phones) through MiiPC to the big screen (Monitor or TV)
- Free bundled productivity software such as KingSoft Office suite, Splashtop2 to connect to other PC or Mac, eReader, Multimedia players… and more
- Processor: Marvell New Armada Dual Core 1.2GHz SoC / Memory: 1GB RAM
- Storage: 4GB Internal Flash (expandable via SD Slot and USB port)
- Connectivity: WiFi (802.11 b/g/n), Ethernet Port, and Bluetooth (4.0)
- I/O: 2 USB 2.0 Ports, Speaker & Microphone Jack, HDMI (1080p/720p) output
MiiPC includes Main Unit, Power Adapter, and Quick Guide. (Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor and HDMI cable sold separately)