A few months ago, our family pet, Simba was not feeling too well. Turns out he had a very rare condition that made it difficult for him to swallow his food. Part of his throat was numb, and he was having a really hard time for a couple months. Along with having to make a couple trips to the vet and get fixed up, we had to give him a good dose of 2-3 different meds, AND change his pet food. Little did I realize, until his dr visit, that your pet’s food choice is a HUGE deal.
Simba has been with us since he was a kitten, and is getting up there in age.. I mean WAY up there! He will be 15 this years. He is in pretty descent health for a senior cat, but he could be doing better. We’ve always fed him the “standard” cat food, nothing special, as we thought that it was all the same. We figured he wouldn’t know the difference, and it all has pretty much the same ingredients, right??
Not so! #CheckYourBag
Not all pet foods are the same. Not all pets foods contain the key ingredients that your family pet needs to stay healthy and in tip-top shape.
Wellness Pet food is different than other pet foods:
Wellness recipes do not include added artificial colors, flavors or ingredients, and they’ve even created a helpful “Check Your Bag” website that you can use to compare their natural dog food to those from some competitors who claim to be natural.
Some of the biggest benefits to Wellness® Complete Health® Recipes include:
- Live Active Probiotics – Added after the cooking process to promote a healthy intestinal tract and overall digestive health at guaranteed levels
- Omega 3 & 6 Mix – Offering guaranteed levels of essential fatty acids for cellular function and healthy skin
- Essential Vitamins & Minerals – Designed for cellular health, immunity and disease resistance
- Fruit & Veggie Antioxidants – A proactive step in improving your pet’s nutrition
- Rigorous Safety Testing – A Quality Assurance program that maintains strict standards for food safety
- Excellent Nutritional Standards – Every batch of dry food is tested throughout the entire manufacturing process, from its basic ingredients to the finished products
While Wellness might not be as widely-known as some of the more mainstream brands of dog food, their devotion to quality and natural, high-quality ingredients makes their food safe, wholesome and beneficial to pets’ health and wellbeing.
To pick up a bag of some of this high-quality, natural dog food, you can order it online or stop by one of the retail locations listed in the Wellness Store Locator.
But be sure that you also connect with their Naturally Well Pet Community, a free online program that provides exclusive savings offers, fun contests and helpful tips about keeping your pets happy and healthy.
And consider following their Facebook page, where you can join in on the fun with a huge group of fellow animal lovers who share heartfelt, funny stories, entertaining photos and videos of their pets.
If you would just like to buy some, checkout the Wellness Pet food store locator, to find it in a store near you or to make a purchase online.