If you have a baby, then you have diapers. Period. There’s really no way around it… well, not if you want people to actually come and see the new little tike.
Before baby O came along, we looked, researched, and decided to buy a diaper pail that used regular bags (my call) I was the cheap one. It had a lid that rotated down and was (theoretically) supposed to keep the smell in, notice I said “theoretically”! It was a mess, the bags were difficult to get in the thing, they were small, and it smelled. I mean if you changed the bags ever couple days it was okay. But who has the time for that? We roughed it out and managed to use it throughout the diaper phase with baby O.
Welcome baby E! Before she arrived we knew we needed another diaper pail, and it wasn’t going to be the kind that we had the first time around.. At the first baby shower my wife had, we received the Arm & Hammer diaper pail by munchkin.. We hadn’t really looked at this pail, I was opposed to anything that used the proprietary bags… This = money, and like I said, I am cheap.
The Arm & Hammer diaper pail is a winner!
What makes it a winner ?
1. No smell. When I say NO, I mean NONE!
2. It’s easy to use, the bags are easy to get in and out, the diapers go in easy.
3. Although the bags aren’t as cheap “free” as leftovers from your last trip to the store, they are relatively low cost, and they work well. A box of 12 is typically about 8 bucks.
The heart of the pail are 3 basic features:
1. The insert that holds the Arm & Hammer (of course)
2. The bags that twist to keep the smell in. Without this part it would just be another diaper pail. This keeps the smell of the diapers in, but it allows you to put another diaper in and shut the pail with ease.
3. The bags seal of easily for removal and disposal. No need to tie the bag and then hope the smell doesn’t escape. With these bags this will not happen.
4. Seal up the bag and take them out!
So Here’s What I Tink :
If you are looking for a diaper pail, then I highly recommend this one. If you don’t know what to buy, or are like me and research things to death, then BUY THIS ONE! It’s easy, it works, and it will smell good. They are about $25 dollars.