Buying clothes for the family is never an easy job for dads. This is something usually left to mothers as they are generally believed to be of better taste and have the tolerance to brave the high street on a wet Saturday afternoon when male members of the family prefer to do anything but this. But as times change more and more fathers are finding themselves needing to find clothes for the family, whether for a holiday, for special occasions, like Christmas and birthdays, or simply as there’s no one else to do it. Fortunately help is at hand for clueless dads who need some fashion guidance, and below are some important considerations to bear in mind when shopping for new threads.
• Avoid the shopping mall – online shopping is a booming business. With people spending more and more online it is becoming a thriving market for new companies to set up and sell their wares. What’s more by shopping online dads can not only select from the greatest range but also find the cheapest prices, and in this austere age this is certainly something to consider.
• Keep the kids in mind – it’s not all about fashion. Every parent will know that their kids’ clothes will get put through their places, whether it is running around in the park, playing in the dirt or getting covered in food. Look for clothes that are made out of hard wearing materials, such as denim as this will avoid being ruined for a while, and also spare a thought for easy to wash materials, something that will be appreciated when trying to remove tomato sauce and other stubborn stains from t-shirts.
• Buy clothes to suit the occasion – active, sporty families are going to want clothes that are suitable for their lifestyles. It’s no good to simply buy the cheapest if it doesn’t last longer than a week. Instead look at what stores like MoreThanSport can provide, as garments created to withstand extreme conditions will obviously be favoured over their poorly constructed counterparts.
• Look for branded goods – when shopping for a spouse one may be forgiven for getting anxious. Choosing clothing for a partner is never easy but by sticking to well known and trusted designer brands buyers can’t go far wrong. What’s more, as mentioned above, quality items can be acquired for less than their recommended retail price by shopping around for the best deals online.
• Take advantage of sales – there are some fantastic bargains to be had on trendy clothing and top retailers often have end of season sales where garments can be picked up for much less than usual. This is perfect for frugal families carefully watching the pennies as they can still look their best for much less.
Stress free shopping
These considerations can save dads from a lot of problems as they will be able to clothe their families with some fashionable garments for much less. Enjoying the weekends together doesn’t mean taking everyone for a lengthy excursion to a shopping mall, and as most fathers will want to avoid this at all costs, why not purchase everything from the comfort of home? Furthermore, as mums are beginning to work more as fathers cut back their hours there will be a greater emphasis on family men to get involved and do their share of looking after everybody – and this includes doing the shopping. Making the effort to ensure everyone is well dressed and looking their best in quality attire will be a major contribution to the household and may just help to preserve domestic harmony.
About the Author: More Than Sport is a retail business in the UK that has a wide range of sporting goods for sale. They offer shoes, accessories, and clothing for both men and women.